National Junior Honor Society
Bylaws St. Jude NJHS
The purpose of the National Junior Honor Society is to create enthusiasm for academics, promote service to others, develop character in its members and encourage good citizenship and Catholic values.
- Candidates eligible for election to this chapter must be in the third quarter of sixth grade or grade seven.
- To be eligible for selection to membership in this chapter, the candidate must have been in attendance for a period of one quarter at the Cathedral of St. Jude School.
- Candidates eligible for selection to the chapter shall have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6 or 90. This scholastic level of achievement shall remain fixed, and shall be the required minimum level of scholastic achievement for admission to candidacy. All students who can rise in scholarship to or above such standard may be admitted to candidacy for selection to membership.
- To be eligible for membership students may not have a negative referral, detention, or suspension in the year of application.
- Upon meeting the grade level, attendance, and GPA standard requirements, candidates shall then be considered based on their service, leadership, citizenship, and character.